What are SLHS Alumni doing now?
Have you moved? Received a job promotion? Recently engaged or married? Welcomed a new child? Are you attending college or graduate school? Please bring us up to date on news in your life you would like to share with others in our School Community. Want to find a way to help out?
To update your information, or to make a submission to be featured in the Alumni News, please fill out the Alumni Connection Form.
Below are some recent Alumni News submissions. Please take a few minutes to pray for God's blessings on the varied endeavors of these SLHS graduates.
- Julie Tomfohrde (Class of 2007) - I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Wisconsin Lutheran College in 2011. I also received my Activity Director Certification from Ridgewater College in 2013. I was employed at an Older Adult Day Center in Milwaukee, WI as an Activity Director implementing music and art related programming with older adults. Upon meeting my husband, I re-located to Minneapolis, MN and began working as a Client Services Director at a Pregnancy Center. The past 3 years I have also had my artwork featured in the Art-A-Whirl festival in Minneapolis. My husband and I welcomed our first daughter Arietta into the world on November 20, 2015 and I currently am a stay-at-home mom! My husband works in Saint Paul, MN as a Professional Mechanical Engineer!
- James Getka (Class of 1983) - In April of 2015, I received a Divine Call back into the ministry to serve as Campus Pastor and Dean of Students at Evergreen Lutheran High School in Tacoma, WA. Along with those duties, I also teach Senior Doctrine and Spanish. It is a privilege to serve others with the Word of God again!
- Samantha Tokarski (Class of 2002) - I recently got married in May 2016 and am building a house in Menomonee Falls, WI.
- Abby Kroken (Class of 2003) - I graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2013 with a PhD in microbiology and molecular genetics. I am presently a postdoctoral fellow at the University of California, Berkeley and was awarded an independent grant to study eye infections in 2015. I welcome Shoreland students and alumni to write to me if they are interested in STEM research careers: email@example.com.
- Kyle Robinson (Class of 2007) - recently accepted a full time teaching position at Roosevelt Elementary in Kenosha as a 5th grade teacher. He will also be coaching wresting at Shoreland during the 2015-16 school year.
- Mark Meyer (Class of 1977) - took a call in the summer of 2015 to be the Director of Technology at Immanuel in Greenville, WI.
- Geoff Rue (Class of 2009) - is currently serving as a vicar at St. John's Lutheran Church in Princeton, WI.
- Erik Whtie (Class of 2010) - was recently promoted to Software Engineer at Sentry Insurance and will be be moving to Madison, WI shortly, and soon after will be getting married in Davenport, IA.
- Morgan Lauf (Class of 2008) - "I am loving my job leading tours at Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom!"
- Megan Bauer (Class of 2010) - was recently installed as a 3rd-5th grade teacher and church organist.
- Eric Larsen (Class of 1986) - "I have been married to Pam for 23 years, have three boys (ages 12, 10, 7). I have been working for Wheaton Fransciscan Healthcare for 11 years as an IS Engineer."
- Geoffery Rue (Class of 2009) is currently in the middle of his 2nd year at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary and is anticipating his vicar call this May.
- Amanda Ozwalt (Class of 2007) will be moving to Malawi, Africa to serve as the nurse in charge for the Central Africa Medical Mission (CAMM) which is under the world missions borad of WELS.
- Matthew Pope (Class of 2009) is active duty Marine Corps serving with HML/A-467.
- Julie Russell (Class of 1981) - "Recovering from ovarian cancer diagnosed in December 2013! Praise and Thanksgiving! I have worked in the Criminal Justice profession for over 24 years. 12 as a Police Officer in Appleton, WI and 12 years as the founder/owner of DIVERSIFIED investigations, llc. The company name is taken from my dad's company Diversified insulation. I have reconnected with many people from my class through Facebook and have loved seeing where/what they have done with their lives."
- Lynn Huntoon (Class of 1978) now has a great niece and a great nephew attending Shoreland.
- Nadine Waligora (Class of 2003) recently received a promotion at her current job which required her to relocate to beautiful Denver, Colorado. She is working as a project coordinator for a financial services company.
- Justin Landreman (Class of 2014) started college at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh this past August.
- Clay Rust (Class of 2012) is now studying in Bristol, England for the coming school year. He is majoring in chemistry.
- Ben Rust (Class of 2014) is in his freshman year at WLC.
- Olivia Lee (Class of 2011) will be graduating from Bethany Lutheran College this year.
- Paul Gall (Class of 2009) has been working as a video editor at a missions organization that makes prayer videos for every country in the world! He's also recently worked as a videographer at a Christian summer camp.http://paulgallportfolio.weebly.com/
- Calista Leistekow (Class of 2009) just spent a year in China sharing the love of God to the lost in Shanghai!
- Megan Butz (Class of 2007) and her husband Kenny celebrated their 1 year wedding anniversary in August!
- Douglas Duensing (Class of 1985) has a daughter at SLHS who is a freshman this year.
- Jennifer Boll (Class of 1989) - "Our daughter is the light of our life. Kayla joined our family in Nov of 2010."
- Steve White (Class of 2008) - "Our Ross just turned 5 months old in August! We love singing "Jesus loves me" to him. We can't wait for him to start singing with us!"
- Zachary Siekert (Class of 2008) and his wife are proud parents of a 9 month old (as of September) beautiful daughter. She overcame great odds after spending 55 days in the hospital after open heart surgery at 3 weeks old.
- Lisa Gumm (Class of 1998) - "Since my husband is a pastor in an area of the country where there aren't any WELS schools, we homeschool our children in order to give them a quality education...especially spiritually. It makes me appreciate how my parents worked so hard to make sure my siblings and I received a wonderful Christian education...part of which was at SLHS!"
- Lisa Villiard (Class of 1989) - "We run and own our own family company- Vanderwerff Construction. In buisness since 1918."
- Marcus Grasenick (Class of 2009) has become the lead broadcaster for Northern Illinois University's Mens Hockey team as well as the Assistant Golf Ops Manager at Chevy Chase Country Club.
- Briana Lambrecht (Class of 2007) was recently married to Chris Lambrecht (WLHS '07, WLC '11, MULS '14) in August 2014 and is celebrating two years of being the WELS graphic designer at the WELS Center for Mission and Ministry in Wauksha, WI.